Every person in life has cases when you can not hold back your negative emotions and, giving in to them, you can offend someone. This affects not only you but also your loved ones. After all, it happened that you could unfairly offend someone from the family, just because they caught your eye when you were angry or upset about something. Emotions are very important for a person, and how well we can manage them depends on the quality of our lives. After all, when we make serious decisions it is very important what emotional state we are in.
Our emotions can affect the adequacy of the choices we make, and in a state of effect, we can do something that in a calm state we would never dare to do. But this does not mean that you should hold back all your negative emotions. Therefore, it is very important to learn not to control your emotions, but to manage them, i.e. to transform negative emotions into positive ones. Thus, you will not only improve your mood and health but also add bright colors of joy and happiness to your life. Sometimes it is possible to take your time and do something to cope with your emotions, for example, you can meditate or gamble at https://www.betchan.com. And here are some techniques to gain control over your emotions in a stressful situation when you don’t have such a possibility:
- Do breathing exercises. It is not a secret that when we are exposed to negative emotions, our body reacts to them accordingly: our muscles are tense, our heartbeat is accelerated, and breathing is frequent. So, to regain a state of peace and relaxation, you need to learn to breathe correctly. To do this, you need to take a comfortable body position and take a slow breath, the chest should remain stationary. Hold your breath and count to 4. After that, slowly exhale, counting to 5. Repeating this exercise, you will soon notice that you gradually calm down.
- Use humor. This method is similar to the previous one. For example, your boss yells at you a lot, to get rid of this negativity, mentally imagine him in some funny costume, or naked. Then this situation will seem comical to you, and therefore the emotions that it will cause will be only positive. The most important thing is not to laugh out loud!
- Practice art therapy. Allow all your negative feelings to spill out on a sheet of paper: draw, and write everything that bothers you, or makes you angry. You can draw a caricature of the subject that annoys you. And then take and crumple this sheet of paper, tear it into small pieces, and throw it in the trash. With this piece of paper, you will get rid of all your negative emotions.
- Memorize a situation in which you felt warm and comfortable, you felt good and nothing bothered you. The most important thing is to remember the smallest details of this state: sounds, smells, and visuals. When you feel bad or sad, you can recreate this resourceful feeling of relaxation in your memory. Back in reality, you will calm down a little, and you will look at the situation from a positive side.
- Analyze your emotions. To calm your nerves, you need to engage in self-analysis and find out why you are reacting this way in this particular situation. After that, you will be able to predict how you will react to the occurrence of this or that emotion, and prevent its reflection on your face in advance.
Gaining control over our emotions is not easy because emotionally we react only to what is important to us personally. Besides, it is hard to control our emotions living in the modern world. A person can not live without emotions, but it is very important what emotions he experiences. After all, they affect our mood, and it determines the quality of our lives. By learning to manage your emotions, you will become a happier person.